Bed bugs are these pesky little insects that will disturb your sleep and keep you awake all night. Often, as the name suggests, you will encounter them on your bed. However, they can also travel to another place around the house and take their dwelling there, such as on the carpets or rugs. Bed bugs are quite annoying to have because you can’t eliminate them unless you eradicate them all.
These bugs are persistent, and they will keep coming on your carpet if you do nothing to eliminate all of them. Cleaning your carpet with just the regular method will not cut it. It will attract them back, and it won’t be effective to remove them all. Thus, you need a better cleaning method to get rid of these annoying pests on the carpet.
In this guide, you will learn how to get bed bugs out of the carpet, along with the information you need to know about these pests.
The Dangers of Bed Bugs on Carpet
Just like any other bugs and pests that you can find around the house, keeping the bed bugs on the carpet can be dangerous. This is the reason you need to wipe them out of the carpet as soon as possible. You must not wait until tomorrow to start the elimination process of the bed bugs on the carpet. Also, you need to be aware of the dangers of these petty annoyances that might befall you and your family members.
Here are some dangers of bed bugs on the carpet:
- It makes the carpet not sterile for you and your family members to do your daily activities, and the carpet can get nasty to sit and lie down on.
- Bed bugs can bite you or your family members from time to time, and the bites can cause various allergic reactions.
- The bites of the bed bugs can cause severe allergic reactions, and sometimes, it can also cause complications that might lead to death.
- Getting bitten off by bed bugs can lead you to have allergic reactions on your skins, causing rashes, itchiness, and many other effects.
- Living with the bed bugs on the carpet can also lead to stress, anxiety, and mental health problems for you and the family members.
It’s time for you to stay away from the bed bugs on the carpet and eliminate them once and for all. Finding the best cleaning solution is the key to get rid of these annoying pests.
Can Bed Bugs Survive in Carpet?
The answer is yes, bed bugs can survive on the carpet. In fact, they can thrive living inside the carpet or rug, even more so if it has thick fabrics. They can lay their eggs on the carpet and multiply themselves if you don’t take care of them as soon as possible. The carpet is the perfect habitat for bed bugs, aside from the bed, and this is the reason you need to pay the utmost attention to the infestation of these pests on your carpets.
Here are the things you can do to prevent bed bugs from living in your carpets:
- Always check any carpet you have before moving from one place to another.
- The furniture can also be the means for these pests to get into your carpets and start living on it, so it is important to check out the furniture before you put it near your carpet.
- You need to keep the overall home environment clean so that you don’t risk attracting the bed bugs into your carpet or into any other places in your home.
- You also need to vacuum your carpet as often as possible, as it will help you get rid of any dirt and also bed bug eggs.
- Wash your carpet every week to keep it clean, free from any pest infestation that might be detrimental to your health and the health of your family members.
Bed bugs love carpet, so be sure to make your carpet the place these pests no longer love. Make it clean and keep it clean. This is one way to keep bed bugs out of your carpet for good.
What Kills Bed Bugs Instantly?
For killing bed bugs, any insecticide or pesticide will do. However, it is not recommended for you to use it inside the house. You can’t just spray some insecticide on the carpet and expect it to be the last solution you can have. Insecticide, while it can be useful, can also be harmful to your health. When you spray them on the carpet, the residue can give you and the family members harmful health effects.
As an alternative, here are some suggestions you can follow to kill bed bugs on the carpet:
- You can use alcohol or vodka to kill bed bugs on the carpet by using a mixture of alcohol and spray them on the carpet.
- You can also steam the carpet by using the steam carpet cleaner, which allows you to heat the carpet and kill bed bugs in the hot steam.
- Washing the carpet using the carpet cleaner machine with a deep cleaning method can also help you get rid of and kill bed bugs on the carpet fast.
- You can also wash the carpet using dishwasher soap to get rid of the bed bugs and their eggs from the carpet, followed by drying it under the sunlight.
- Dry vacuuming your carpet should also help you get rid of bed bugs fast, but you have to clean the vacuum cleaner tank outdoor to avoid the bed bugs from coming back to your house.
Follow these tips to kill bed bugs fast from the carpet and ensure that they won’t come back again to your house. Wash your carpet with a thorough washing procedure if you must use pesticide or insecticide to kill the bed bugs.
Does Baking Soda Kill Bed Bugs in Carpet?
Baking soda is effective enough to kill bed bugs in the carpet because it has the excellent quality to absorb any stains or dampness on the carpet. With baking soda, you can make the carpet surface become dry, and it will become easier for you to remove any stains on the carpet.
But, not only that, bed bugs will become dehydrated when they come in contact with the baking soda, as the baking soda powder will remove the fluids around the shells of the bed bugs, causing them to die.
Here are some tips you can follow to use baking soda to get rid of bed bugs on the carpet:
- First, determine the areas where bed bugs will appear on the carpet.
- Before using the baking soda, you can wash or clean the carpet first using any cleaning method that you prefer.
- Then, you can sprinkle the baking soda powder on the carpet areas where bed bugs often infest in, along with the surrounding areas.
- Wait for at least one night for the baking soda to work on absorbing the surrounding fluids on the carpet and kill the bed bugs.
- The next day, you might see some bed bugs got killed by the baking soda powder, and it is time for you to clean the baking soda from the carpet using the dry vacuum cleaner.
You just learned to get rid of bed bugs from the carpet using baking soda. This wonderful homemade cleaning solution can help you remove the bed bugs along with their eggs from the carpet and make your carpet clean again.
Will Shampooing Carpet Kill Bed Bugs?
You need to shampoo your carpet from time to time, such as once every two weeks, since it will help you clean the carpet from various stains and keep it fresh. The good news about shampooing your carpet is that you can also kill bed bugs when you do it. However, you can only kill bed bugs on the surface of the carpet, not the ones that live inside the layers of your carpet. So, to get rid of these pests, you need to do more than shampooing the carpet.
Here are some recommended solutions to kill bed bugs on the carpet other than shampooing:
- Steaming the carpet using hot water and the steam cleaner machine will help kill the bed bugs even when they are inside the layers of the carpet.
- You can also use the carpet cleaner machine capable of performing deep cleaning mode and clean the carpet in several steps, allowing no bed bugs left on the carpet.
- Diatomaceous Earth is also another solution you can use, as it can kill bed bugs and leave no toxic elements on your carpet.
- Vacuuming the carpet every few days can also get rid of the bed bug eggs that are lying around the carpet area, allowing you to prevent their growth.
These are some solutions you can use to get rid of bed bugs as soon as possible, aside from shampooing the carpet surface.
Bed bugs are annoyances you can get rid of as soon as possible if you know how to do it. Cleaning your carpet every few days will help you get rid of them, as you don’t give them any reason to live on your carpet areas.
Just remember to avoid using any chemicals that can be harmful to your health and follow the tips as explained in this guide. That way, bed bugs can go away forever.