Let’s say you have a problem that you need to resolve in your living room right now. The living room carpets are full of pet odors that are very unpleasant to smell, and you need to get rid of them right away.
Should you use professional carpet cleaning to remove the pet odors? You will find the answer here.
The Problem of Pet Odors on Your Carpets
Dogs and cats are the most common pets that will often pee or poop on the carpet. As the owner of those pets, you don’t have any choice other than to deal with their litter from time to time.
Puppies and kitties are even more prone to littering on the carpet, as you can’t train them to use the litter box just yet. But the bigger problem is not just the litter.
It’s the smell as well. Pet stains can leave unpleasant odors on the carpet, which could make it uncomfortable for the family members to sit around it.
Here are some common problems of the pet odors you can get on the carpets:
- Any littering caused by your pets, such as pees, vomits, and poops, can leave unpleasant odors that are difficult to remove unless you act fast to remove them. Leaving them on the carpet for a prolonged period will only make it worse.
- The smell of the pet body can also leave lingering pet odor if your pets like to sit or sleep on the carpet. This is even more so if you don’t wash your pet often.
- Sometimes, your pets can play outside and come home with various types of litter that they have come across. When they stay on the carpet, it can become the source of unpleasant odors on the carpet, even though the source of the litter is not apparent.
- Dry stains can also leave a lingering foul smell, even though you might no longer see the trace of the stains. The stains might come from your pets a few days ago, and you didn’t notice them until today.
- You might smell some unpleasant odors on the carpet but can’t tell the source of the odor since there is no trace left on the carpet. For this situation, you can use UV light to locate the source of the odor on the carpet or any other areas around the house.
To remove the pet odors, you will need to do a thorough investigation to find the source of the odor, and after that, you just need to start the cleaning process with the various available cleaning tools or methods at your disposal.
Professional Cleaning Solution (Part 1) – Hiring a Professional Carpet Cleaner to Remove Pet Odors
Now, there are many options you can choose to remove the pet odors from the carpet. The first option and this is a popular choice, is to hire a professional carpet cleaner.
You will need to search for a service provider around your area that provides the service to clean the stains and odors from your carpets. Then, you need to call them to send their professional cleaners to clean the carpets in your house.
Here are the benefits when you hire a professional carpet cleaner:
- You will have a clean carpet, and often, the service provider will give you a guarantee that your carpet will be fresh as new.
- The professional carpet cleaners will perform a thorough cleaning procedure for the carpets in your house and make sure that they clean every nook and cranny of the carpet.
- The professional carpet cleaners will also use professional tools that are proven to help clean various stains and unpleasant odors from the carpet, including heavy stains that are difficult to remove.
- You don’t need to deal with the hassles of preparing your own cleaning solution and doing all the cleaning jobs by yourself.
- It is very easy to do, as you just need to call the professional cleaners and pay for their services when they have done the job.
This is the first professional carpet cleaning option that you can choose to clean your carpets and remove the pet odors, and you can be sure that it will 100% benefit you. The service provider will ensure that you get the most satisfaction from ordering their service.
Professional Cleaning Solution (Part 2) – Using a Professional Carpet Cleaner Machine
Another option that you can choose for the professional cleaning solution is to use a professional carpet cleaner machine. This is an excellent choice if you don’t want to hire a professional cleaner to clean your carpets every time you need to deal with pet odors on them.
With the upfront investment of purchasing a professional carpet cleaner machine, you can use this tool to clean your carpet and remove the pet odors from it whenever you need it. However, you need to do all the cleaning work by yourself.
Here are the benefits of using a professional carpet cleaner machine:
- This is the tool that you can use to perform a thorough cleaning on your carpet, including washing and brushing your carpet to make sure no stains and odors left on it.
- This is the same tool as used by professional carpet cleaners when you request them to come to your house to clean your carpets, so you can be sure that the result will be like when you hire professional cleaners in your area.
- You only need to invest in purchasing the machine upfront, which can be expensive, but you will then be able to undergo a thorough cleaning procedure for your carpet whenever you need to remove stains and pet odors from it.
- There are plenty of choices of cleaning products you can use with the professional carpet cleaner machine, so you can pick the one that you prefer to provide the best cleaning result every time you use this tool.
- You can use this tool to clean any types of stains, such as light and heavy stains, so you don’t need to worry about not being able to remove the old stains on the carpet that are very difficult to remove.
This is the choice you can pick if you don’t want to pay for the service of professional cleaners every time you need to clean your carpet from stains and pet odors.
With the professional carpet cleaner machine, you can perform the cleaning procedure by yourself and ensure that you can get the same result as when you hire professional carpet cleaners in your area.
Will You Remove Pet Odors Using the Professional Carpet Cleaning Method?
The quick answer to this question is yes, you will remove pet odors on your carpet when you use the professional carpet cleaning method.
You can choose between hiring a professional cleaner from your area or you can use the professional carpet cleaner machine to wash your carpet and remove the pet odors from it. It will depend on your preferences, whether you like to let other people do the cleaning job or do it by yourself.
To remove pet odors using the professional carpet cleaning solution, here are some things you need to keep in mind:
- Perform the cleaning procedure on your carpet as fast as possible, even more so when the stains are still new.
- Choose the cleaning solution that is suitable for your carpet fabrics when you choose to use the professional carpet cleaner machine.
- Choose only a trusted carpet cleaning service provider in your area if you want to hire some professional carpet cleaning experts.
- Always negotiate the price when possible, as you might find some discounts or special offers when you order the professional carpet cleaning service for the first time.
- Maintain your carpet cleaner machine in the right way to avoid experiencing malfunction for the tool, as it will affect the way it cleans your carpet later.
The professional carpet cleaning method is one of the best methods available for you to remove the pet odors from your carpet as soon as possible.
Other Alternative Methods to Clean Pet Odors from Your Carpets
Aside from using professional carpet cleaning methods to remove pet odors from your carpets, you can also use some other alternative methods that will give you very much the same result. Depending on the stains and odors that you are dealing with, some carpet cleaning solutions might be better than the others.
Here are other alternative methods to clean pet odors from your carpets:
- Finding the source of the odors using the UV light disinfection method, which is the tool containing UV light that helps you trace the sources of odor on your carpet and disinfect it to clean the unpleasant smell.
- Using the baking soda by sprinkling it on top of the stains that cause the odor, wait for around 30 minutes, and vacuum the area to remove the pet odors from your carpet.
- Using the portable pet stain eraser product, such as the one from Bissell, can help you clean the stains on soft surfaces like carpets and remove the accompanying odors without the hassles of performing a thorough cleaning procedure.
With the question answered, you can use the professional carpet cleaning method to remove the pet odors from your carpet as soon as possible.
You will always get the best result whether you choose to hire a professional carpet cleaner or use the professional carpet cleaner machine. It’s just a matter of your preferences.