Is there any best carpet cleaning method you can always rely on? The answer is yes, maybe. There are many carpet cleaning methods you can choose, but their effectiveness will depend on the occasion. So, let’s explore the 5 different carpet methods to restore the cleanliness of your carpet.
The Homemade Carpet Cleaning Method
The first method you can try on your carpet is the homemade carpet cleaning method. This is the method that allows you to clean the stains on the carpet without having to use commercial cleaning solutions.
You can create the cleaning solution for yourself, and depending on the cleaning solution you choose, you will follow a certain cleaning procedure on your carpet.
Here are some homemade carpet cleaning solutions you can try at home:
- Baking Soda. You can sprinkle the baking soda on top of the stains that you want to remove from your carpet. Wait for 30 minutes to allow the baking soda to absorb the stains before you can vacuum the baking soda from the carpet.
- Vinegar. The vinegar can also be the best homemade cleaning solution you can use to clean your carpet. You can mix vinegar and water in a 1:1 ratio and create a spray from this mixture. Then, spray the stained areas on the carpet while blotting out the stains with some tissues. You need to do this in repeat until the stains disappear.
- Hydrogen Peroxide. You can also use a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and essential oil to create a good homemade carpet cleaning solution. You need to mix 2 ounces of hydrogen peroxide, 5 drops of essential oil, and 12 ounces of water. Use this mixture to clean the stains on your carpet.
- Salt. You can also use salt and cold water to clean stains on the carpet with dark-colored fibers. It’s useful to remove the stains from the carpet without having to worry about discoloring it.
- Dish soap. You can grab a dish soap and use 1 teaspoon of dish soap and mix it with 1 cup of warm water. Use this mixture to clean the stains on the carpet by rubbing on it using a brush or sponge.
The homemade carpet cleaning method is a suitable method to help you clean the stains on the carpet without having to spend too much money on it. Also, the ingredients are often already available in your kitchen.
The Water Pressure Method
This method involves using the water pressure machine to wash your carpet. The pressure machine can provide you with suitable pressured water to get rid of stains from your carpet, and it can remove even the deep stains that are difficult to remove from the carpet.
You will need to use a cleaning product with this machine to make it work in cleaning all the stains on your carpet. Also, you can set up the pressure based on your needs.
Here are some important things to know about the water pressure method:
- Depending on the carpet fabrics you are dealing with, you need to set up the pressure of the machine as to avoid damaging the fabrics.
- Hard fabrics should use a stronger pressure power from this machine, while delicate fabrics require you to use the lowest setting.
- Setting up the pressure power will also depend on the stains that you need to remove, so heavier and deeper stains will require more power from the water pressure machine.
- Choose the cleaning solution product that is suitable for the water pressure machine as stated on the label. So, always check the label before using any cleaning product with this machine.
- You need to perform the cleaning procedure with the water pressure method outdoor, as this method can wet the surrounding areas, which can be bad if you perform this cleaning procedure indoor.
Many professional cleaners are using the water pressure method in their carpet cleaning procedure. So, you will get the same result as when you hire a professional cleaner to clean your carpet.
The Dry Carpet Cleaning Method
The dry carpet cleaning method is the method of cleaning your carpet without using water. You just need to use the carpet cleaning powder along with the vacuum cleaner to get the job done.
This is one of the fastest cleaning methods for your carpet. It is suitable for those who want to clean their carpet without having to go through the arduous process of preparing the cleaning solution and washing the carpet.
Here are some tips you can follow when you perform the dry carpet cleaning procedure:
- Choose the dry carpet cleaning powder that is suitable for the carpet fabrics you have. The reason is some compounds might damage or discolor your carpet unless you can make sure that the powder is suitable for all fabrics.
- Spread the dry carpet cleaning compound in all areas of the carpet that you need to clean. Don’t rush in doing this, as the success of this method will depend on how you spread the compound all over the carpet. Use a brush when you need it.
- Wait for at least 30 minutes to allow the compound to absorb any stains on the carpet. Don’t wait for less than 30 minutes, unless the product has superior absorber properties. Give it enough time for the compound to interact with the stains and absorb them.
- Vacuum the carpet cleaning compound after 30 minutes and don’t leave any compound on the carpet. Again, you need to be careful in vacuuming the carpet, as you don’t want to keep any compound sticking on the carpet later. Sticky compounds can become a source of bacteria and dirt.
- Double-check your vacuum cleaning procedure to ensure no compound left on the carpet. You can even vacuum the carpet one more time when necessary.
The dry carpet cleaning method can help you save time and effort in cleaning your carpet from various stains. Use this method if you want a faster and easier cleaning solution for your carpet.
The Steam Cleaning Method
This is another cleaning method for your carpet that is very effective in removing stains from the carpet. You can use the steam cleaning method to remove heavy stains from the carpet without having to wash the carpet by hand. This cleaning procedure works by injecting warm water along with cleaning chemicals in high pressure into the carpet fabrics. Once injected, you need to release the warm water as steam, and you can remove the stains as you release the steam of the warm water inside the carpet.
Here are some benefits of the steam cleaning method:
- It can help to perform a deep cleaning procedure for your carpet, removing heavy stains on the carpet without having to spend too much effort on it.
- You can also use this method to clean old stains that have been there on the carpet for weeks or months.
- It is a simple method that is also safe and friendly for the environment.
- It can also eliminate the unpleasant odor from the carpet, along with dirt, allergens, virus, and bacteria inside the carpet.
- You can come out with a fresh-looking carpet once you’ve followed the steam cleaning procedure, as it also helps to rejuvenate the carpet fabrics.
The steam cleaning method is a simple yet powerful solution for you to get rid of various heavy stains from the carpet, both old and new stains, and refresh your carpet and make it look like new again once you’ve done with the cleaning procedure.
The Carpet Cleaner Machine Method
This is the method that uses a carpet cleaner machine to wash your carpet. You will need to put a cleaning liquid into the machine’s tank and fill it with water. Then, you can use the machine to wash your carpet in a thorough cleaning process. It has a brush that will move in automatic movements, washing the carpet along the way. You can set the cleaning mode to light, medium, and hard cleaning mode depending on the model you are using.
Here are some things you need to know about the carpet cleaner machine method:
- You need to vacuum all areas of the carpet first before starting the cleaning procedure with this method.
- Choose the cleaning liquid that is suitable for the type of carpet you want to clean to avoid any damage later.
- Depending on the type of carpet you want to clean, set the cleaning mode that is suitable for that carpet.
- Light cleaning mode should be suitable for carpets with delicate fabrics, while hard cleaning mode should be suitable for carpets with hard fabrics.
- Use this cleaning method to clean both light and heavy stains on the carpet.
The carpet cleaner machines method requires you to buy a carpet cleaner machine and a suitable cleaning liquid to get the best result. It will allow you to perform a thorough cleaning procedure that can remove various types of stains and unpleasant odors from the carpet.
So, these are the carpet cleaning methods you can choose. Choosing the best will depend on your needs at the moment. Sometimes, one cleaning method will be more effective than the others, but it’s not always the case.
It doesn’t matter if you want to clean light stains or heavy stains on the carpet. These methods can offer unique solutions for you to clean it. And then you can pick the best one for yourself.