Algae often grow in the pool, and it can be bad news for you. You can’t use the pool if it’s filled with algae. With the algae growing, your pool will look bad, so you need to get rid of it as soon as possible. Not to mention, it can also be dangerous for your health if you neglect cleaning them from the pool.
The best thing you can do is to use a vacuum to get rid of the algae from the pool. But this guide will focus on helping you get rid of the algae without using the vacuum. Let’s get started.
Do You Need a Vacuum to Get Rid of Algae in Your Pool?
The answer is no. You don’t need a vacuum to get rid of algae in your pool. There are other methods you can use to clean the algae from the pool water and also from the surfaces of the pool. However, you need to know that it is important for you to do some preventive actions to avoid them from growing in the pool as well.
Here are some methods you can use to get rid of algae from your pool without a vacuum:
- Using the algaecide. Algaecide is the product you can use to deal with algae in your pool, which is the type of pesticide product for algae. You can apply this product to kill and remove algae from your pool.
- Dealing with the pool filter. You can clean the pool filter to ensure that no bad particles can come to your pool. Cleaning the filter will also prevent the algae from growing in your pool.
- Using the shock product. The shock product here refers to the chemical that you can use to clean the pool of algae, bacteria, and others. However, you need to take note that this product will harm your skin, so you need to wear gloves when applying this product to the pool.
- Using the garden hose. A garden hose can also function as a vacuum for your pool, so you can use this tool to get rid of algae from your pool. It will be useful for you to remove the algae that grow on the bottom surface of the pool. You need to use the garden hose alongside the telescopic pole to make it work.
These are some methods you can use to remove algae from the pool without a vacuum. Pick the one that is most convenient to you and start the cleaning process as soon as possible.
The Dangers of Keeping the Algae in the Pool
The algae growth can make your pool look bad, and it can also make the water dirty and unhygienic. Aside from that, there are other dangers of keeping the algae in the pool. It is important for you to keep the pool clean and maintain it from time to time, ensuring that it will always be free from algae growth, dirt, and other problems.
Here are some dangers of keeping the algae in the pool:
- Slippery surface. The first danger is a slippery surface, which can cause injury if you use the pool for swimming or for any other activities. Running or even walking around these areas can make you fall and injure your body.
- Bacterial infections. The algae growth can also promote bacterial infections, as it will pollute the water and turn it into a good breeding ground for various types of bacteria. The bacteria can be harmful to your health, causing various health effects in your body.
- Skin infections. Algae in the pool have caused various skin infections in many people, including allergic reactions, rashes, and irritations. Using the pool for swimming means you will expose your skin to these adverse effects.
- Bad water conditions. The water will become unhygienic and dirty, and thus, it will not be healthy for you to get in touch with. Because the water is unhealthy, you can’t use it for swimming or doing any other activities around the pool.
- Low visibility. The algae growth can make the pool become unclear, meaning that you can’t see what’s inside it. The deeper the pool, the lower its visibility. There’s the risk of drowning, and it will be difficult to see around the pool if it’s full of algae.
You need to take care of the algae growth around the pool area if you want to keep these risks of danger away from it. Remember, the more you keep it, the more it will grow.
Steps to Getting Rid of Algae without a Vacuum
It will be easier for you to get rid of the algae growth around the pool area using a vacuum. However, it’s also possible for you to get rid of them without a vacuum. Here are the steps you can follow to get rid of algae without a vacuum:
- First, you need to clean the filter of your pool. With the pool filter cleaned, you can keep the clean water running to your pool.
- Another preparation to do is to keep the water pump clean, as it will be the gateway for you to supply the pool with clean water and keep the water in good circulation. Non-moving water means a good breeding ground for algae.
- Then, you need to clean the surfaces of your pool, such as the walls, ladders, and steps, by brushing them. Keep the algae clean from these surfaces.
- Now, onto the important step. You can use a shock product or an algaecide. We recommend using the algaecide, as it is a safer and an effective method to clean the algae from the pool.
- Pick a good algaecide product and prepare it to clean the algae out of the pool areas.
- You need to keep clean water circulating in your pool before doing this.
- Apply the algaecide according to the instructions and wait for 12-24 hours for it to work well around the pool area.
- Keep the pool filter running to supply clean water into the pool during this process.
- The algae will disappear from time to time, and the pool will become clean again the next day.
You can follow these steps to get rid of the algae from your pool without a vacuum.
Important Tips to Prevent Algae from Growing in the Pool
Considering the dangers of keeping the algae growth in the pool area, it is very important for you to prevent them from growing. There are certain things you need to do to accomplish it. Here are some important tips to prevent algae from growing in the pool:
- Keep the pool filter clean all the time, as it will be important for you to keep your pool water clean, free from algae growth.
- Don’t let your pool water get stagnant. So, keep the water in your pool to circulate in proper ways, keeping the algae at bay.
- You can use a good shock product and apply it to the pool once a week.
- Keep on the lookout for algae growth and apply the algaecide as soon as possible.
- Scrub and brush your pool walls, ladders, and steps at least once a week to prevent algae from taking root and grow around the area.
These are some important tips you should follow to keep the algae out from your pool’s areas. You can follow these tips to keep your pool areas clean all the time.
Can I clean algae in my pool without a vacuum?
As already explained in this guide, you can get rid of algae in your pool without a vacuum by using an algaecide. It is the method we recommend because of its effectiveness and ease of use. You can buy a good algaecide from the local department store or online.
How do I get dead algae out of the bottom of my pool?
You can brush the bottom of the pool if it is reachable and not too deep. Don’t forget to keep the water circulating, as it will help to remove the dead algae from the bottom of the pool. Also, keeping the filter working in its proper condition will make it easier for you to get rid of them.
How do I get rid of algae in my pool using natural ways?
You can use borax for green algae and baking soda for black algae. These are the natural methods you can use to get rid of them from your pool. You can use borax while brushing your pool walls to get rid of green algae on the pool surface.
Can I clean algae in my pool fast?
Use a shock product. You can use it to get rid of algae in your pool fast. However, please ensure to use the safety equipment, as it is a chemical product that can harm your skin or body when you touch them with bare hands or expose them to your skin.
Follow this guide to get rid of algae from your pool without the use of a vacuum. Next, you also need to prevent them from coming back again. It’s important to keep your pool areas healthy and safe for everyone.
And also, one most important thing to do is to get rid of the algae as soon as possible, because if you don’t do that, they will keep on growing. So, start the cleaning process right away!